The Client: Offer Promotion Company
Product: Offer and Promotion Management System
Test Service Areas: Automated Regression Suite/Functional Regression Testing
The client required a full regression and stabilization of an internal offer management site. The product was initially released then pulled from Production because of the number of bugs found by the internal advertising team. The development was originally outsourced and had no requirements, specification, or test documentation. They wanted an automated suite of tests to speed up their release cycles.
- Research and document the requirements of the system
- Create a test strategy and test cases for Offer and Promotion system
- Automate test cases and performance maintenance on source code
- Execute manual tests
- Train internal team to execute automation
- Established end-to-end test automation suite leveraging Selenium, Team City CI, and QualityWatcher;
- Designed a decision-based historical executive dashboard that captures automated test results;
- Developed full site requirements and regression test cases by interviewing internal users;
- Identified, reported and tracked defects to resolution leveraging JIRA;
- Created an Automation Training Guide and trained internal QA on how to run automated tests;
- Provided weekly quality metrics and automation reports.
Our consultants encompassed various roles outside of traditional manual testing. QualityWorks documented the environment diagrams, technical specifications, and requirements so comprehensive test cases could be written. This automated process replaced a minimum of 32 hours of manual testing per cycle. Our team provided one-on-one training as well as detailed documentation on how to leverage automation in the test and Production environments.
Resulting in 8x faster results and a reduction in manual resource costs by over $1000 per test cycle.